Happy Super Bowl Week Lovebugs!
We are in full on Super Week hysteria in Miami. The traffic is backing up, celebrities are touching down and parties are going all around. If you are a sports fan or music fan, this is the place to be.
I must say I am not the biggest football fan. I love a good tailgate and the atmosphere, but I am definitely not a die hard fan. So I wasn’t exactly sure what I was getting into when my friend Donna suggested we go to the Super Bowl opening night at the Marlins stadium to kick of Superbowl LIV. I knew I was going to have a good time with one of my great friends, but I was fully ready to be bored. Boy was I wrong! I had an absolute blast.
Here are the 5 Best Things About the Super Bowl Opening Ceremonies.
- A Moment of Silence for the Black Mamba: As the sports world is still reeling after the tragic helicopter crash that lead to the deaths of 9 people including, NBA superstar Kobe Bryant and his 13 year old daughter, it was no surprise that is touched the event. The event kicked off with a serene moment of silence, that ended when fans began to cheer “Kobe! Kobe!”
2. There were smiles everywhere: As the players went from correspondent to correspondent, there was an air of joy. Some of these young men were on their way to their first Super Bowl, while other vets were possibly at their last time in the game. One thing is for sure they were having the time of their life. I was overcome and happy to see all that #blackboyjoy.
3. My flashing hat was a hit!: Once I found out that my friend J, a die hard KC fan, was coming in town with her parents, I went straight to Amazon for my gear. A couple strokes later I found the most amazing item ever… my flashing KC chief beanie. It became a beacon of light when Donna and I got lost. It also however landed me A LOT of Kansas City questions…. that I just smiled and smooth bypassed. Trust me I am boning up before the big day.
4. The Kansas City mascot and cheerleaders are game ready. These sweethearts, Taylor and Kaitlyn, were so excited to tell me that their pompoms will be in the Superbowl. And shoutout to our impromptu photog who knew how to work the angles!
- A little happenstance, and a little black girl magic. It was pretty cool when I happened to be at the gate where ALL of the Kansas Chiefs left to go back to the team bus. I got to crack a joke with Frank Clark (and his fabulous glasses), taking a selfie with the man with the plan, offensive line coordinator, Eric Bieniemy, getting a kid’s football signed for him by Demarcus Robinson (and his fresh hair cut) and just being swept up in the fun of flashing lights from the cameras (and my hat). It was such a rush.
*Honorable mention, getting to see San Francisco coach Katie Sowers speak. I am always team women + definitely team lesbian.
One thought on “KLife: 5 Best Things About the Super Bowl Opening Ceremonies”